Devlog 4 - The Expansion...

After finishing my first tutorial scene, my full attention is now directed towards expanding the amount of cards I have in the game. First the card's strategic purpose and preliminary stats are designed, but never set in stone. As playtesting might point out overpowered mechanics, or under performing damage. Each card has a number of different components that need to be made as well an animation for the actors to play.

Below is a preview from one of the “Finger” themed decks called Quick Draw. It still requires more polish, but the pose is there.



Once I am happy with the Outline frames, I incorporate it into the game as soon as I can and test it in game. Refinement can always happen over time, but getting a feel for the new addition and where its place lies in the grander scheme is the most important part for me when prototyping.

The next update will be V0.2 and will introduce a new Hub World as well as a number of different duelers for you to defeat.

Until Next Time

Bad Rock

Comments