Devlog 3 - The Appartment...

Hey everyone,

Fleshing out the 3d world can be fun and quite therapeutic. It resembles very much the part I enjoy the most about the sims, building! Below you can see the base layout I am going to have for the introduction level.


The first step I take is to flesh out most of the interactable objects for the level. So that everything that needs to be coded can be coded. (Though sometimes I will model out something just to help get the feel I want for the room) Then it is in to blender where I make all the 3d assets as required.


 Blender has so many useful tools. I find it perfect for mass producing low poly furniture in a fairly short amount of time! By far the most useful tool I find is the mirror modifier, it really helps to speed things up, and give everything the right symmetry.

A Small Update but also a small snippet behind the scenes of my workflow. If you ever have any questions, be sure to leave a comment.

Until Next Time

Bad Rock


Comments